Monday, November 28, 2011

Lynn & Riley

Today is the last of the 70 degree days, at least for a while, so I took a stroll around the ‘hood just to be outside in the nice air. I had just gotten back from my walk when I encountered two new neighbors, Lynn and her Labradoodle named Riley.

Riley is from Australia. He has a number tattooed inside his ear, which is an Australian thing. Lynn said that in Australia, dogs are tattooed inside the ear and are given a microchip (in case they lose the ear, I suppose) before they leave the country.

Labradoodles are a hybrid, not a breed. Therefore their characteristics can vary from dog to dog. They are often used as guide dogs or service dogs. Riley is a therapy dog. Lynn and Riley visit an elderly home twice a month and the old people really enjoy seeing him and petting him. It’s probably a mutual thing.

I petted Riley but he seemed completely unaware I was there. I suppose being around people so much in his therapy dog career has made it impossible for him to get too excited about meeting one more person. But, welcome to the neighborhood, Lynn and Riley.

 

(After looking at these photos, I think it’s possible that the reason Riley is oblivious to me is because he can’t see me.)

No comments: