Monday, January 26, 2015

Blog That!

There are some things I read on the Internet that just scream for a blog post.

Like this: scientists can now un-boil a hard-boiled egg. You can do it too, and it takes only minutes. You need two things: one, a chemical called urea, and two, a vortex fluid machine. You can buy urea at a fertilizer store, and as for the vortex fluid machine – you may already have one gathering dust in your attic. Go up there and look for it. It’s probably in a box labeled Ronco®.

The scientists claim to have un-boiled some egg whites, but they haven’t un-boiled any yolks, yet. They said that un-boiling the yolks would be easy to do, but they just don’t have any need for un-boiled yolks at the present time.

The scientists also said that they can un-cook a chicken. That’s really handy to know. I can’t tell you all the times I wanted raw chicken and all the store had was rotisserie-cooked chickens. Science is amazing.

There are some other interesting things in the news. For instance, underwater pole-dancing. Women dress up in billowy gowns or bikinis – depending on their mood, I suppose – and dance on a pole … underwater. Don’t ask me why. And there’s a carnival festival in a small Spanish village in which men throw flour on each other. What fun! (You see what happens when the cable TV goes out?)

I’d like to write more, but right now I have to go up to the attic and dig out my old vortex fluid machine. I can’t wait to un-cook something.

No comments: