Saturday, February 20, 2016

Winter Cat

There is a cat that sometimes visits me and sits in my window sill. It lives at a nearby neighbor’s house, but on these still-cool winter afternoons, it likes to hop up in my window sill where it can bathe in warm rays of sunshine. It will face to the left until its right side is toasty, then it will turn and face to the right until its left side is toasty. Oh, it’s a lazy winter cat. It’s only job, which it performs when it is in the mood, is to catch and eat squirrels and moles and birds. I wish it would leave the birds alone, but that is not the way of its people. When it has gotten enough sun, the winter cat will disappear from my window sill and go somewhere else. But it will be back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Splendid cat, intuitive observation.