Thursday, March 23, 2017

I Was Gonna But

This promises to be another day of “I was gonna but…”

I’ve needed to mow my yard for a month. I was gonna cut the grass yesterday, but it was too chilly. And I was gonna cut the grass the day before yesterday, but it was too wet. And I was gonna cut the grass today, but at 7 AM the temperature is 23°F ( -5°C). The high temperature is supposed to hit 50° today, but that will be at 5 PM. It’s going to be cold all day.

But it’s not too cold to keep the weeds from growing. My yard is chock full of various flowering weeds. The henbit and the chickweed and the dandelions are ganging up on the shrinking islands of grass.

Of course, I could work on the lawn tractor. I could remove and sharpen the blades. I could. But I’m unwilling to lie on a cold, cement garage floor when the temperature is in the 30s to 40s. I could do it, but I’m not gonna.

Tomorrow is Friday. I’ll mow the yard then – if it’s warmer. And if not tomorrow, then definitely on Saturday. I’ll mow the yard on Saturday at the very latest.

Or Sunday.

No comments: