Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Covid Shots

I got my second Covid-19 vaccine shot on Sunday, twenty-eight days after the first shot. Both Covid shots used the Moderna vaccine. The first shot wasn't bad. It stung my arm a little as the shot went in, and on the second day my arm was a little sore at the injection site, but by the third day I was back to normal. 

With the second shot, the sting as it was pushed into my arm hurt worse but was tolerable. The next day the injection site was sore, as with the first shot, but more so. I felt tired and my body hurt all over. My muscles ached and my joints hurt. That was Monday.

By Tuesday, the symptoms were gone: no pain, no soreness, no tiredness. I mowed the lawn and used the string trimmer around the house and the garage. I cleaned the spare room downstairs and filled the trash can with odds and ends. I removed the sliding glass outside door from the spare room and lubricated the mechanism to make the door open and close more easily. 

In short, I got the second vaccine shot and after two days I was back to normal. The worst thing about the first vaccine shot was standing in line for 30 minutes to get the shot. The second shot made me feel not-so-good for a day and then that feeling was gone. I'm still alive, I'm feeling okay, and I'm glad to be fully vaccinated. I'm thankful my country has geniuses who know how to make vaccines and hard-working people who can manufacture, distribute, and administer the vaccines.

It looks more and more like the Covid vaccine may become an annual shot, like the flu shot. I can put up with that. This virus came from the animal world, either by accident or with human assistance, and humans are going to have to be smarter going forward. If we aren't, one day we'll meet a virus that will be more clever than us. That will be a bad day for humanity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you and all the ones that have been vaccinated. In my coutry we are walking like turtles and more cases everyday. I hope the ones that are still not sure to get the shot, make a decision soon, we can not play with our health and lives.
Thank you for shering it!
TA