Sunday, February 25, 2024

And God Said

Nothing has been happening lately. I have to drive Nuria to the USCIS field office in Norfolk, VA on Thursday next week. I think I may have a small hole in my left rear tire. I pumped it up to 35 pounds and I'll be checking it from day to day to see how long it takes to leak down. I plan to buy a can of Fix-a-Flat to take with me. I'll also be taking my tire inflator, which I always have in the back of my Jeep. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Other than getting ready for that trip, nothing has been happening to me. Oh, there was one thing. God visited me while I was lying in bed. I couldn't sleep, as usual, and then God appeared. I was alone in bed. Suddenly God stood beside my bed. He was very glowy. 

"Are you God?" I asked.

"I AM," God said.

"I think I just pooped in my underpants," I said.

"Don't worry. I will magically clean them when I leave."

"What brings you here tonight? Are you always with me?"

"I am. Always."

"Were you with me when I fell off the pier in Hickory?"

"Yes. You swam back to the pier, and you don't know how to swim. Remember? That's why you're alive today."

"Were you with me when I got swept out to sea off the coast of Nags Head?"

"Yes. I showed you how to slip into the water and kick while holding onto the inner tube. That's why you're still alive."

"Were you with me when..."

God interrupted. "What part of  'I am always with you' are you having trouble understanding?"

"You have me there. But so much bad stuff has happened in my life, that I have doubts that you were always with me."

"I understand. You had bad times. But remember, those times could have been much worse. You never got killed or killed another person with your car when you drove recklessly as a teenager. You did so many reckless things and skated through them without a scratch. I was with you."

"Will you be with me until I die?"

"I will be with you for long after your body dies."

"Thanks, God." 

"You're welcome. Good night."

I went to sleep immediately, which was strange, because I usually have insomnia all night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

What an awesome and moving post -- I was wondering why you weren't posting very much but I just figured you and Nuria had a lot of catching up going on, etc.

Well, I believe I just read the beginnings of a new book "Conversations with God 2 ....

And I believe you've found the cure for insomnia !! Both are pretty awesome discoveries and can help heal so many sufferers---

I will wager you had the best nights sleep in many years with no pharmaceutical aids.

Also, I sure needed this type of post today -- Covid has almost moved out of my house but pneumonia may still be in hiding -- it's my daughter's Father's birthday today and he is showing signs of accepting what he cannot change - and of course, it's Sunday --God's Day !!

Good luck on your trip with your tire -- there's no better tire man smarter than you.
I hope you find the most incredible energy and motivation today from you deeply rewarding sleep.

God Bless you Always,

LL

PS--- apropos the robot ID said find all the Bridges !!