Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feline Visitation

I was sitting on my front porch steps enjoying the evening air and sounds – kids at the playground, birds chirping in the trees – when I saw one of the neighborhood cat personnel crossing the street and coming straight at me. It walked up to me like it lived with me. It then proceeded to rub itself back and forth across the front of my bottom step and after a while it hopped up onto the porch with me. It kept looking at me expectantly. I petted it and it seemed to just want to hang out with me. After a while – maybe thirty minutes – I got up and came inside the house. I turned to look at the cat. It came close to my door and stood there looking at me, then looked past me into the house, then looked back at me. It was very obvious the cat wanted to come inside. It looked like a very well cared-for cat. I’m sure it was someone’s pet. Sorry, cat, although your company was nice, you can’t live with me. But I’ll put you in my blog. You’re probably the only cat in the ‘hood with your photo on the Web.

DSCF1945

DSCF1936

No comments: