Saturday, April 9, 2011

Website Changes

[EDIT: The first half of this blog post was about a website I had at the time. The website is no more and so the first half of this post has been deleted.]

I did write a blog entry one day, but I didn’t publish it. About half of the time, when I write a blog entry, I decide it’s not good enough to post. I know that’s hard to believe, considering the quality of the stuff I do post, but believe it or not, this is the good stuff. This is VirtualWayne’s top shelf in the blogosphere.

The weather for the past few days has been suited to sitting at the computer: cloudy, gloomy, a little rain at times. Chilly. The last sunny day was also a warm day. I think it was on Wednesday. I took some photos in the late afternoon as the sun slanted through the storm door and lit up the hardwood floor. There’s something very warm and mellow about sunlight on a hardwood floor. In the photo you can see the doorknob and the arch above the entrance to the small, brick alcove that shelters the front door.

DSCF1882

And I ate the last of the strawberries I had in the house. So I took a picture of it, too. And I started thinking about strawberry season. Usually, it’s from June to mid-August around here. I wonder where these strawberries were grown. They sure were delicious.

DSCF1875

No, the strawberry above is NOT on my floor, it’s on my cutting board. See? …

DSCF1876

The smaller strawberries tend to be tastier, but the ones I bought were both large and tasty. Besides just eating them as strawberries, I diced them and put them on a chicken salad dish I made using poppy seed dressing. It was an excellent combination.

No comments: