Saturday, June 25, 2011

Biker Invasion

My small Virginia city has been invaded by a biker gang. They’ve just about taken over the town. Everywhere you go: bikers and more bikers. I was documenting the invasion with my point-and-shoot when there was a kerfuffle behind me. Carey’s dogs (she had them on leashes) were attacked (almost, anyway) by what looked like, and might possibly be, a roaming gang of rogue, non-leashed biker dogs.

How many bikers are there in this gang, you ask. I didn’t count, but it had to be thousands. At one point, I walked home, ate dinner, watched the 6:30 news, then walked back to the main drag and the biker gang was still streaming into town. Carey was still there with her dogs. She has two schnauzers she is training to protect her home from rogue bikers and their little dogs, and she wanted them to see the gang in action.

The bikers seem friendly enough, so far. But just in case … if you don’t see any more blog posts from me, you’d better send help.

No comments: