Friday, December 2, 2011

Dinner

For you readers who, like me, cook your own meals (see previous post: “Lunch”), here’s an easy dish you can try. Not as easy as opening a jar of peanut butter, but fairly easy. You’ll need a wok to cook this dish, although a large frying pan might work if you modify the recipe to make the volume of food smaller.

I was strolling the grocery aisle at Walmart a few days ago and saw a package of “Johnsonville Chicken Sausage with Monterey Jack Cheese and chipotle peppers”. That’s a mouthful to say, but they sure looked good. The package looks like this:

They’re fully cooked and their taste reminded me of Hillshire Farm Turkey Kielbasa, only (in my opinion) better. Although, I think I’d prefer the kielbasa if I planned to eat it with mustard and sauerkraut.

Tonight I got out my wok and I stir-fried yellow squash, red Bell pepper, and white onion. I toasted garlic and ginger in peanut oil before adding the veggies to the wok. I also added red pepper flakes, a little soy sauce, salt, and fresh ground pepper. After the veggies were almost done, I added the four (cooked) sausages which I had already cut into slices.

I’m not a cook and I just winged the recipe (no pun intended). It turned out very tasty. The Johnsonville website has more recipes, including this kabob:

No comments: