Saturday, December 31, 2011

Risk Quotient

A Persian proverb declares there are four kinds of people:

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool – shun him.
He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a child – teach him.
He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep – wake him.
He who knows and knows that he knows is wise – follow him.

Somebody actually created a test to measure where you are on this proverbial scale. In other words, the test doesn’t measure what you know; it measures the validity of your certainty about what you think you know. I took the free test and scored 73, which puts me at line 3: asleep. That sounds about right, too: asleep at the switch. That’s me. Excuse me while I move to the sofa.

You can find the test at http://projectionpoint.com/.

No comments: