Saturday, September 27, 2014

Reunion, the After Part

(Second of two parts: part one was Reunion, the Before Part.)

It wasn’t bad. The reunion, I mean. Oh, there were a lot of geezers there. At times I felt like I was in a bad movie. “What the hell am I doing here with all these old people?” But all in all, I enjoyed it, I think. I sat at a table with my best high school buddies, and I enjoyed connecting with them again. There was food and drink. There was music. God, was there music. The decibel level equaled a 747 on its takeoff roll. My ears are still ringing. Some guys showed up dressed like Jake Blues and his brother Elwood, and they performed a Blues Brothers act; they sang and danced, and they were not bad at all. There was a roll call of our fallen classmates: 24 out of a class of 116.

There was dancing. The best dancer by far was a slender gal named Elaine. It was fun to watch her dance. She was good and everyone could see she loved to dance. She had moves a teenager would envy. More than once, I almost asked her to dance with me, but really it was just more fun to watch her dance. We talked a little bit and discovered that in school we had lived on the same street. She had lived down the street in the next block. Her house is long gone now, having been converted into a parking lot for a church across the street.

It’s almost midnight. I’ll pour a nightcap and watch some Modern Family, then hit the rack. Sleep well, dear readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch out, there might be a part three in a few days. That's when someone that you saw at the 'union calls and says, "Virtual Wayne! I didn't know you were in town... let's get together..."

-CyberDave2.2