Monday, March 19, 2018

Canine Drivers

There’s a canine driving school in New Zealand. Yup, you read that right. There’s a driving school for dogs in Middle Earth.

The Kiwis say they already have a driving dog. In fact, they have more than one. This smart pup is Porter:

Now meet Monty:

It looks like dogs have broken through a glass ceiling. They can drive a car. Next they’ll probably be driving big rigs on our highways. But can they pass the written test?

The Kiwis say they are doing this to prove how intelligent their rescued dogs are. I’ll be the first to acknowledge that dogs can be very intelligent. Even so, and maybe I’m old-fashioned here, I still don’t want a dog to drive me to the mall. And I doubt we’ll hear any of our wealthy elite say, “Jeeves, have my dog bring the car around.”

Dogs driving cars. What could go wrong?

No comments: