Friday, June 5, 2020

Prophecy

Some days, I feel good. Some days I feel less good. Today was one of those less-good days.

After lunch I lay down in bed. I fell asleep. I dreamed a long dream, and it was a “normal” dream, as dreams go. I awoke. I could hear rain falling. The window next to my bed was open and the air seemed cooler.

I remembered the dream for a while. Then I fell asleep again and dreamed another long dream. This was a bizarre dream. I’m sure it had meaning, but dreams fade so quickly when we awaken that it’s usually difficult to decipher them. They’re like a picture puzzle with half the pieces missing.

The part of my dream that was most resounding was the end of the dream. I saw the protesters, I saw the fires at night, I saw police shooting at looters and peaceful marchers alike. And I heard the words repeating:

Nothing is going to change.

Nothing is going to change.

Nothing is going to change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the evil entity from the next blog post that was chanting 'nothing is going to change'. Made you pessimistic in real life. Chili dog. Remember the chili dog.
Cheers!
CD