Friday, November 19, 2021

Paranoia

I suspect that someone somewhere is putting something in America's drinking water. People are acting crazy today. People—at least some of them—are acting paranoid.

I've seen people online, in blogs and commentaries, comparing mask-wearing rules to the rules requiring Jews to wear Jewish stars and other holocaust badges in WW2, prior to the deportation of Jews to killing centers. Yes, they would have us believe that wearing a mask to protect you from airborne germs is exactly the same as publicly identifying yourself as a Jew so that you can be put in a ghetto and then sent to a killing center to be exterminated. No difference, they say.

But...if there were to be some kind of comparison to be made, then these people have it backward. Everyone is, or was, supposed to wear a mask. If everyone followed the rule and wore a mask, then we would all be unidentifiable to public cameras. If the police were watching the camera, you could give a finger to the camera and the police would be unable to identify you, because you would be...faceless! That's why bank robbers wear masks. They don't want to be identified.

I don't care if the government tracks me. Google tracks my phone and once a month they send me a map that shows the places I've visited that month. Usually, according to Google, I've been in my home and Walmart and Food Lion. Wow, what a revelation! Sometimes a trip to Home Depot or to a public park makes it onto the map. So what? 

But let's say you're so paranoid about being tracked that you keep your phone turned off unless you want to use it. The covert, government organization that wants to track you simply goes to the major network operators and they install a special "bug" (my term for it) that will download to your phone the next time you use your phone. Then, when you turn the phone off, the bug continues running and gathering tracking data. Periodically, it uploads the tracking data to the guys in the black hats. The U.S. government has actually taken out a number of terrorists using this tracking method. The government has ways of tracking you that you haven't dreamed of.

I guess the crazy crap isn't getting into my head because I don't drink water. I drink diet soda, mostly. Now if they start putting crazy juice into diet soda, I may be in trouble, cuz I drink a lot of diet soda.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great points -- the world is surely changing rapidly with so much going on -- and the fact that people getting older are less trusting now than ever of our government.

Like yourself -- tracking me would put others to sleep.

Have a great weekend --enjoyed the blog.

LL

Anonymous said...

Good morning! You are completely right, there are many people with crazy ideas on their brains and they're attached to those ones that they live in panic the rest of their lives. I live in another country and I am also tracked by Google, DiDi, Uber, etc. they know my house location, where I am but I don't care because I know that I am not doing something wrong, but as this world is up side down, I am careful with things that I do and places that I visit. This doesn't keep me awake.
Very good post and very interesting points. Keep teaching!
Tenga buen fin de semana!
TA