Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Life and Death

Some people believe in Life after Death. They imagine variations of what it's like. But no one actually knows what happens or even if consciousness continues after death. 

Death doesn't bother me. I don't feel sad for people who die. After all, they've only gone to a place that I'll be going to as well. I'll be going to that same place, unless you believe in heaven and hell, and then all bets are off. But there are excellent reasons to think heaven and hell are fairy tales. The existence of consciousness after death, that's something else, and there are excellent reasons to think that that is real.

I've had a "different" life, I think, from most Americans. Some of the differences I've experienced stem from the panic disorder that ruled my life from about 1967 until I found a medicine that really helped me. (I wrote about that part of my life in a post titled Panic.) That period lasted about 40 years. Although I blogged about it, there's nothing I can say or write that would give you a real idea of what panic disorder is like ... how much it disrupts and tortures one's existence.

We all have paths, and I believe we all have many paths and many lifetimes. We return to this existence to learn things that only living a human life can teach us. Our bodies wear out because each stage of life has it's lessons. Young people can't learn the lessons that the elderly learn. Young and old are like two different creations. 

If I die tonight, I'll miss doing some things that I'd like to do. But I don't think I'll miss life on earth. I think I'll experience that again and again and again. In other words, I'll do it over and over until I get it right. And then I won't need to incarnate in a human life. But I'll probably incarnate as something in some existence that I can't imagine. I think we all will do that. Call it Heaven if you want, but you'll stay, rest up, reflect, and then ... you'll do it all over again. 

Believe me or don't believe me, it doesn't matter at all. Reality is what it is, and wishing won't change it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

A sad topic for such a lovely day --- indeed there are so many schools of thought -- if one doesn't believe in Heaven or Hell -- then your suggestion reminds me of a TV show I remember -- but I can't think of it now --this man just dropped into a scene --completed a task -- and dropped out just as quickly. I found that really hard to believe !!

One good thing is no one really knows and from my experience no one is telling us either !!

Huge subject for sure and I can't wrap my head around either option. I wonder if the lessons of death for those left behind aren't the real intentions. I do feel sad for those gone -- and for the loss of the part they would have played in my life as well.

I think you need to promise that if you go first you'll find a way to send the rest of us a message about what "really happened"....

Bless you for your part in keeping us informed on so many subjects throughout your years!!

Best, LL