Monday, July 11, 2022

Dr. SaxLove

When I began writing this blog, I had lots of time. Now it seems like there is always something that needs to be done. Every morning, I get up with the intention to write a blog post, but then...

For example, today I was going to write a blog when I heard Nuria call to me, "Look at this—there's water all over the floor."

She was at the kitchen and I went to look. Sure enough, the floor was covered with water. It was coming from the refrigerator. I checked and determined that the plastic hose going from the water valve to the icemaker had a loose connection and water was no longer going to the icemaker. Now it was going to the hardwood floor.

I went to Home Depot to buy a compression nut with a new insert fitting and compression sleeve and I came back and installed them onto the icemaker switch. But due to the long passage of time since I had done this kind of home repair, I made a mistake. So I had to go back to Home Depot and buy another kit: compression nut, fitting, and sleeve. 

I installed the kit, connected the water line, and turned on the water. There was no leakage of water, which is a very good sign, but I won't know if the icemaker is working for a few more hours. The fridge was unplugged briefly, so the icemaker is starting at the beginning of its cycle, which might be 90 minutes, or might be 180 minutes. It might also be 12 hours if the icemaker engineers assumed the fridge was at room temperature when it was powered on. 

This took half the day. In the middle, we stopped at Wendy's for lunch, which seems to get worse every time I eat there. This time the drink machine was broken; there were no napkins; there was no ketchup. The kitchen staff took care of the problems, but the problems shouldn't be there. I've written about Wendy's at least six times previously. Hello, Wendy's management, where are you? To be fair, I've written about other fast food restaurants. Wendy's is not alone in its lack of good quality control.

I've got some good sax jazz music playing now. It played through dinner and it played while I wrote this blog. It's still playing. It's on a three hour loop. I cast the video and sound to my big-screen TV. I love watching the fire as the music plays and I hope others enjoy it.

The song of the day is Mellow Smooth Jazz Saxophone by saxophonist, composer, and recording artist Dr. SaxLove (Mark Maxwell). Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Sorry to hear about your fridge.

Life is full of challenges, we go thru one or more everyday. But if you live thinking and hoping that you will make it, it will be easier.

I'm glad that Nuria is with you because I think she has been very helpful to you.

I love that kind of music. It's beautiful, pleasant and relaxing. You really have a good taste about it.

Thank you for sharing this post!

TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Loved this post -- I enjoy the way you explain every detail so specifically. I learn so much from you!

I bet Nuria is blown away by the skills you exhibit when fixing things. I know I am !!

I will try this music -- it surely sounds relaxing !!

Thanks for the post.

Best, LL