Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Stuff

Yesterday, Nuria and I went to the Walmart pharmacy and got our covid and flu shots. The pharmacist shot both of us in the left arm. It didn't hurt, at least not significantly. We got the shots at 11AM. By bedtime, we were both feeling pretty ragged.

I had to get up early today to prepare for a doctor appointment at 8:45AM. I stayed in bed as long as I could, and at 7AM I dragged myself out of bed to take a shower. I was really wobbly. I felt like death warmed over. This is the last time I will get both shots on the same day. Both Nuria and I really felt like crap. 

I need a new headset to use with my PC, so after visiting the Walmart pharmacy to get the shots I went to the electronics section of the store and bought a Bluetooth (cordless) headset. I came home and spent two hours trying to make it work. I had no trouble pairing it wth my PC, and it connected, but it did not show up in the list of audio devices on my PC so I could not get it to work. I took it back to Walmart this morning.

Nuria wants to work and has been accepted to start a job at Macy's on Friday morning. One snag: US Customs and Immigration sent her work permit to her lawyers in Chicago instead of to Nuria in Virginia. All of her other documentation has been sent to Nuria with copies to her lawyers, but somehow the work permit went astray. She called the lawyers and asked them to forward the permit to her by Fedex next day. They said they did, but they were lying. As Nuria discovered, they've only created a label for it. After 24 hours the work permit is still at the law firm. Meanwhile, Nuria was supposed to start work on Friday but she just got a call from Macy's saying that they will expect her to start work on Thursday. As I type this, it is Wednesday. She won't have her work permit on Thursday. She does have a copy of the card, and that may be enough for now. We can only cross our fingers.

Breakfast for me was an Atkins bar. Lunch was two fried eggs and a pork sausage patty. Total calories so far today: 540. I'll have a light dinner. And yet I've ceased losing weight. In fact, I'm gaining back the weight I lost, even though I'm eating a starvation diet. I guess if I quit eating althogether, I would resume my weight loss. But that doesn't feel like a healthy way to go. Dieting sucks.

It's quarter past 3PM. I think the effects of the vaccines will wear off tonight or tomorrow. I hope your day is going better. And get vaccinated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings
This is an awesome post for a public service announcement. I will make sure not to get both shots at the same time --thanks to your information.

I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Great post !!

Best, LL