Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year’s Eve 2012

For my New Year’s Eve post, I was going to make a list of all the things that didn’t happen this year, but I can already see it won’t be ready to publish before midnight. Every time I think I’m done, I think of something else that didn’t happen. It’s like there is no end to this list!

For next year I think I’ll put together a list that will be shorter. Maybe I’ll keep a list of the weirdest things I read about each week. For instance, this week’s winner would be black ivory coffee. In case you aren’t familiar with this coffee, it is prepared from coffee beans that have been pre-digested by elephants. Elephants eat the coffee beans and a day later the beans are “harvested” from the elephant dung. These coffee beans that have been pooped out by elephants cost $500 per pound. The coffee is only available at the most upscale hotel restaurants around the world. The wealthy world traveler can buy a tiny cup of black ivory coffee for $50. So there is an upside to not being a wealthy world traveler.

This sounds like the perfect home business. I’m seriously considering making my own special coffee beans. Of course, I don’t own an elephant. But what’s so special about elephants, anyway? A colon is a colon. All I have to do is borrow my neighbor’s dachshund. That animal will eat anything and it already poops in my yard, so harvesting the beans shouldn’t be a problem.

I have a list to finish. So g’night y’all, Happy New Year, and be safe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is reminiscent of kopi luwak, coffee that has passed through the digestive tract of a civet, all the rage a decade or so ago.

The real question is who tried it first? I have an hypothesis; grumpy local man wakes up after a hard night and says "hey bitch - where's my coffee".

Steven