Monday, March 18, 2013

What Next?

I have definitely offended the water gods. First, my roof which I re-shingled 2 years ago springs a leak and damages my ceiling, and the guy who took my money says, essentially, “tough beans.” Then last night I walked into the kitchen and found water on the floor. I opened the cabinet under the sink and it had water in it. A quick inspection with a flashlight revealed my kitchen sink is leaking around the drain. It just started leaking all by itself. I think I can fix the kitchen sink. It’s just … annoying.

And, I’m out of food. I don’t feel like going to the grocery store because it’s a cold, gray, rainy day. Actually, I’m not totally out of food. There’s always “cupboard detritus” – the odds and ends left in the cupboard when you run out of stuff for meals. I do a pantry inspection and find I have a couple apples, a couple bananas, lemons and limes, tuna fish, a pint of cow’s milk, a quart of almond milk, a jar of peanut butter, a half jar of almond butter, a half dozen celery stalks, a couple cucumbers, a bag of kale greens. Ooh, summer sausage and jalapeño cheddar cheese, both unopened. I can make fruit smoothies and vegetable smoothies and snacks. Life is good.

No comments: