Sunday, March 15, 2020

Early Morning

Covid-19 is in my county now. Notice I said county (not country). It’s probably been here for weeks but now it’s officially here, as certified by the CDC. Am I worried? No. And that worries me. Because, shouldn’t I be worried? Lots of other people are worried, though it appears they’re mostly news people. And stock market people, who worry about everything.

I used to be a stock market person. I got out of the market because after a while, I noticed that my investments always shrunk. My understanding is that this is common. What usually happens when you invest in stocks is their value goes down. Then it goes down some more, and then some more, and finally you bail. You sell the investment and that makes the stock price go back up. It didn’t take long for me to get tired of that game.

I got up at 5AM today and made a BLT sandwich for breakfast. It was delicious. Then at 9AM I made a salad. It had red and green cabbage, cauliflower, kale, arugula, cherry tomatoes, bleu cheese crumbles, pecan pieces, and honey mustard dressing. And it, too, was delicious. Here’s a photo:

The salad appears small in the photo, but that’s because of two factors. One, the bowl is large. And two, the salad is small.

It’s 9:30AM and I’ve eaten two meals. I’m beginning to see why I’ve been gaining weight lately.

4 comments:

CyberDave2.1 said...

Not worried either, and I work at an outfit jam packed with hoarders every day. I fixed a drink for a difficult customer today; she said, "You touched your face!" I did, had an itch on my cheek and scratched it then handed her drink to her with the same hand. My bad. She left, didn't ask for another one nor for her money back. At least I made her day. She'll repeat the saga of how she was threatened with certain death by the geezer to her friends over and over and over. When she turns from one victim to the next the first one probably rolled her eyes and shook her head... made her day.

Unknown said...

Your salad - the most stunning and nutritious food I’ve ever seen you post. And, YOU ATE IT! I’m so proud of you.

gatorontheday said...

My store has reduced hours from 6AM-midnight to 8AM-8PM. There are restrictions on nearly everything available and still the store is empty by the time we close. Know that we are over 110K square foot. It's an amazing thing but does not concern me as I've been in the "have something in the pantry" mode for maybe 20+ years.

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for all of us to revisit the expiration dates on cans/cartons. Most of us probably have food stuffs we could use for years.

Love your blogs...keep up the good work.