Sunday, December 6, 2020

To Be Continued?

My guest flew back to her homeland today. I drove her to the Richmond airport. Proof she is no longer here is my evening meal: factory-cooked chicken nuggets with Buffalo wing sauce. Plus a BBQ sandwich. While she was here, I ate real food with actual veggies cooked on the stove top. Now I'm back to eating faux food, the diet of many single men, I'm sure.

This morning I drove my guest to Richmond International Airport. We went to the ticket counter to check her bags and there we hit a snag. She was boarding "paperless" and the ticket agent asked for her QR code. This was new; neither of us had ever been asked for a QR code. (QR codes are ubiquitous, but I'm talking about the QR code you receive as a mobile boarding pass.) How would someone without a functioning mobile phone be able to fly? That person would have to go to the ticket counter and get a paper boarding pass. So if you're flying paperless, you might want to print a backup boarding pass to carry with you, just in case. (If you're thinking that printing a boarding pass kind of defeats the purpose of going paperless, well yeah, it does. But it's better than returning to the ticket counter, standing in line, and maybe going through security twice.)

We got that issue settled and walked to the concourse entrance and said our goodbyes. She sent me a video from her plane as it took off from Richmond. I returned to my Jeep and drove home. What will happen next in this international relationship? I don't know, but I know this is not the end.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear virtual Wayne. This sounds like a soap opera, and it is amazing how a relationship can change in just a few days. It is bad that she came back to her country but if you miss her, that means that you love her. Great blog and I hope she will come back to you.
Good job and good luck to you
TA