Monday, June 28, 2021

A Walk in the Park

I got bored with studying Spanish. I needed a break. I called my friend Butch who lives a short distance down the street, but he wasn't home; he was visiting his friend Cindy. So I left the house and walked across the street to the neighborhood park. Then I ambled around the park, taking photos and sharing them with my friend Nuria in Costa Rica. 

The air temperature was 85°F and a cool breeze wafted through the park. It was very comfortable.

There wasn't another person in the park. Just me. The park was very quiet. There were no sounds of auto traffic, there were no voices. Just sun, a gentle breeze, and silence. It was a very peaceful place.

This last picture was taken at 7:53PM, EDT. There was still plenty of sunlight.

I ambled back to my home. I decided to do a few more Spanish lessons. I wished there was some kind of Star Trek-like "Holodeck" where I could save my walk in the park, and then call it up whenever I feel like I need a quiet place. It was a beautiful place and utterly peaceful. Pictures can't convey the experience, but pictures are all I have. 

It's already early Monday where I live. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a great photographer. I love your photos because they show the beauty of nature. It looks that you love it too. I am glad that you took a walk, it is necessary sometimes, specially with the beautiful weather that you have right now, I love summer there.
Great job expressing your feelings in your photos and I am glad that you are still taking your spanish lessons.
Excellent post.
TA