Saturday, July 10, 2021

Election Circus

I have stayed away from the 2020 Election Circus: the Big Steal, the Big Lie, etc. All the news reports of fraud and and the court cases buzz around me like a swarm of June bugs. Most people have made up their minds one way or the other. A few people are open-minded, and it is to them that I write this short note.

I saw a GOP "big shot" on the TV news saying there was definitely fraud in the 2020 election. It's like listening to someone who swears Bigfoot is real. We've all probably seen video supposedly of Bigfoot, but there has never been proof that it was really Bigfoot. It might have been a man in a gorilla suit. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

More than 60 court cases have been filed claiming the election was stolen. Every one of them was dismissed for lack of evidence. The simple fact is that no one has any evidence of fraud in the 2020 election. Mistakes? Yes, a few, but not enough to overturn an election. Deliberate fraud? No. There's no evidence of it. Lots of people are talking about it, but there is no evidence. If someone does have evidence of fraud, it would be all over the news. It hasn't been, and it won't be.

If someone tells me the election was stolen, I tell them to show me the proof. Show me the evidence. Show it to me! That's my mantra now. Show me. Show me. Show me. But no one is showing me the evidence. No one is showing the courts the evidence. No one is showing the news media the evidence. All the proponents of the Big Steal theory talk about it as if it's real, but it's not real. It's just talk. It's hot air.

If you tell me Bigfoot is real, the burden of proof is on you. It's not up to me to prove you're wrong. If you claim there was election fraud, the burden of proof is on you. It's not up to anyone else to prove you're wrong. If you are a Believer but you can't prove you're right, then you should consider the possibility that maybe, just maybe, you're not right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Election circus is real and I support you Mr. VW with this post. No candidates want to lose the elections, why? So they use the expression " the elections were a fraud or stolen", I have heard that all the time. In my country also you can hear about the same. We have a candidate now that stole a lot of money and he run away to Swiss where there is not extradition and you can keep the money with no problem. He was there 10 years and now he came back and he named himself as a candidate for president and in one of the interviews he said "you have to forgive and forget the past"guess what? he won the election as a candidate. How stupid people can be?
Thank you for updating us with all this information, which I found it very interesting.
TA