Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The Next President

On Tuesday, November 5, 2024, Americans will go to the polls to elect a president. Biden is 81, and if he wins the election he will be 82 when he is sworn in. Some people say that Biden is too old to serve another term as president. I agree. But I feel the same way about Trump.

On June 14, 2024, Trump will turn 78. Is he too old to be president? Most voters are not as concerned about Trump's age as they are about Trump's character and temperament.

Here are the words that came to mind when members of a focus group were asked about Biden:

  • "Struggling"
  • "Senile"
  • "Concerned"

Here are the words that came to mind when members of a focus group were asked about Trump:

  • "Jackass"
  • "Unhinged"
  • "Offensive"

In a country with hundreds of millions of people, these two guys are the best candidates we have for the highest office in the land?

Here are the words that come to my mind: "We're screwed."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I love this post --- and I agree with mostly all of it. It's unbelievable that in this country with so many intelligent people that we have such elderly candidates for President. To me the word that comes to mind is puppet ---- and who are the puppet masters? I don't really know ---
I've had enough of Biden for many reasons and do not want him in because it will be his VP who will end up running the country. She has no experience and less couth --

I'm looking forward to seeing who Trump will choose as a running mate and pray it's not a pre-planned puppet --then the puppeteer will run the country.

Who do you think he'll chose and why?

What would happen if Biden passed right around the time voting day came? Would the VP default or would the US start all over? I'm not a savvy politically knowledgeable citizen so I don't know the rules.

Recently I have been invited to a Governor bill signing for people with disabilities -- I'm honored to be invited -- but scared of these types of gatherings for menace is always at work. What do you think?

Great discussion -- excellent post and I hope to see more of them.

Best, LL