Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Laundry Day

I’m departing from my usual habit of posting remarkably readable and informative articles to report that I’m doing laundry this morning. And why am I doing laundry?  Because I didn’t do it yesterday when I knew full well that I was out of clean underwear and needed to wash my dirty laundry. My brain was gripped, as it often is nowadays, by the logic of “why do today what can be put off until tomorrow?” And now, having completed my morning ablutions, I am in need of said clean but currently unavailable clothing. So here I sit, waiting for the washer to finish its job, whereupon I’ll transfer the wet garments into the dryer, switch it on, and begin the process of converting my clothing into dryer lint. Don’t blame me for this post. I told a fellow writer I was having writer’s block and he told me I should write anyway. That’s my excuse for writing this. What’s your excuse for reading it to the end? Nothing better to do? That’s just a little sad.

No comments: