Sunday, January 28, 2018

Lorde

I saw this picture of Lorde; at least I think her name is Lorde. Who can keep up with the plethora of young singers anymore?

Lorde is her stage name. Her true name is Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor (no wonder she calls herself Lorde!) and she holds dual citizenship in New Zealand and Croatia.

You may have noticed that she is wearing a see-through top and a see-through dress. In Hollywood, this is called “glam” and it is quite acceptable. But in Virginia, If I wore see-through clothes, people would be offering me good money to put on more clothes. In fact, that’s my backup plan to be used if and when I run out of money.

Lorde is only 21 years old but she has been performing for a big part of her young life. In 2014, she was included in Time's list of “The 25 most influential teens of 2014”. In 2015, Forbes placed her on their list of "30 Under 30" young people "who are changing our world".

As of May, 2016, Lorde has received 31 awards and 82 nominations. She is probably best known for her 2013 hit Royals. In fact, now that I’ve broached the subject, I’ll make that my song of the day.

No comments: