Sunday, April 15, 2018

Leftovers

My amigo and fellow blogger CyberDave sent me a link to a website called Supercook. It has a search function that allows one to input whatever leftovers are in the fridge and it will return a recipe that uses those leftovers. Sounds like a handy tool to have in the kitchen.

I'm sure there are people with leftovers on hand. I'm not one of them. My usual meal procedure is: go to the store and buy enough simple food for today and two or three more days. Like hotdogs and buns. Hamburgers and buns. BBQ and and coleslaw. Frozen french fries. Prepared salads. If I’m feeling very ambitious, I might buy fixin's for Chinese fried rice or southwestern chili with beans.

Supercook also allows you to enter categories of leftovers. In my case, those would be:

  • Spoiled.
  • Eat it today or throw it out.
  • What is that green stuff?
  • Doesn’t this last forever?

Of course, there is the condiment category: mustard, ketchup, mayo, pickle relish. But can you make a meal out of condiments? Probably not.

If you throw out a lot of leftovers, here are a few ways you can use them and save money: Creative ways to use leftovers.

I have to go now. The tornado siren across the street is wailing its warning. Severe weather is imminent — high wind and possible tornadoes. Usually, blowing the siren keeps them away. If this page turns out to be my last post, people can say, “He died at the keyboard, his finger on the mouse button.”

1 comment:

CyberDave2.1 said...

Nahhhhh.... if you heard the BFS (Last word... 'Siren') it means that the storm has already passed and now threatens the community down the road. I remember how they operate in The Heights from earlier blogs...
Cheers!
CD