Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Major Munch

I was typing an article at my computer. A nearby TV was on and the national news was being aired but I was halfway listening and not giving it my full attention. Then I heard the journalist talking about a steak dinner that Trump is giving the president of France. The journalist rambled on and on about this steak dinner, so I figured these steaks must be very special steaks made from very special cows.

I imagined the cows being hand-fed pink cotton candy, drinking champaign, and being given daily massages. (I understand there are such cows in Japan.) But then the journalist reported that Trump’s wife, Melania, is preparing the steak dinner. I didn’t realize Melania was such a good a cook that she could prepare steak dinners for visiting heads of state. But it must be true — the news media doesn’t lie. Either Melania is a hell of a cook or the French president is going to be very disappointed.

I resumed typing my article but a nagging thought persisted. After a while I knew what it was. Was it possible, I wondered, that the journalist had been talking about a state dinner? Oh well, that’s different. Never mind.

No comments: