Saturday, April 28, 2018

The Korea Ploy

Trump is already trumpeting his success with North Korea, although nothing much has happened besides the leaders of North and South Korea meeting briefly. I’m not without my doubts about this process but I hope he succeeds.

However, I thought he was elected to “Make America Great Again,” not to “Make Korea Great Again”. I fail to see how denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula, or even reuniting the two Koreas, is going to help create jobs in America, or reopen shuttered factories, or build infrastructure, or keep our borders secure, or any of the things Trump promised he would do to make America great again.

I hope he succeeds in Korea because it would be a great thing for the Korean people. But Donald, keep your eye on the ball. You’re supposed to be doing great things for the American people.

No comments: