Monday, February 27, 2023

Marjorie's Excellent Idea

Republican Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene tweeted that the country needs a “national divorce” between red states and blue states.

“We need a national divorce. We need to separate by red states and blue states and shrink the federal government,” Greene tweeted.

As a resident of a blue state (Virginia), I'm all for Marjorie's idea. Blue states are "donor" states. Their citizens are taxed higher than the citizens of red states. More federal money is spent in red states than is spent in blue states. If we split the country in half along red/blue lines, the red states will be the losers.

My opinion is—go for it, Marjorie! I'm sure the citizens of many blue states will be happy to have a break from supporting you guys in the red states.

Unfortunately, I suspect that Marjorie is being insincere about this national divorce. I suspect she is saying it just to rile up innocent bloggers (like VirtualWayne). Even so, even if she isn't being sincere about this national divorce, I think it's an idea worth exploring. Don't you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

I read and reread this post -- I thought to myself --this is already a "thing"......or is it?

Like with any divorce -- people should learn to get along and play nice with those who have different views on things.

Interesting idea !!

Great post.

Best, LL