Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day

It's appropriate that my previous post, one week ago, was about Valentine's Day. Today, a week later, is Valentine's Day. 

My partner Nuria walked into the living room this morning while I was at the computer. She carried a Valentine's Day card, an Olive Garden gift card, a jogging outfit (I wear them inside the house), and a pretty bag of Lindor dark chocolate strawberry truffles. 

I looked at them, then at her, and asked the obvious question. "Is it Valentine's Day?"

Really, I had forgotten all about it. I felt bad for a while. But that's typical of me these days. If I don't write it down, it goes into one ear and flies out the other ear. 

I'm sure Nuria was disappointed but she did a good job at hiding it. She's good about remembering to do little things for people. My friend Butch lives a few doors down the street. Nuria made him a plate of red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. She also made cupcakes for his daughter, who had to go to the hospital this morning. Butch was at the hospital with his daughter, and on the way back home he stopped by our house (Nuria and I) with a bouquet of flowers for Nuria. That is so much like Butch: always doing something, when I'm kicking myself, to make me kick myself a little harder. He handed Nuria the flowers and Nuria handed him the two small containers of cupcakes. Thanks, Butch ... I wasn't feeling bad enough. Oy.

I found a pretty song that I want to share. It's called To Build A Home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you both --

It sounds like you had a really nice day !! Butch doesn't realize you were thinking of this special day and Nuria a week ago and went shopping to be prepared !! So he's really a week late -- nevertheless, it's really nice of him to give Nuria flowers -- he sounds like such a good person. I sure hope his daughter is going to be okay.

I hope Nuria made something special in her new blender for today. I tend to think of the holiday a lot earlier as well and on the special day --I tend to think I've already had it -- I believe this happens to planners and early birds.

BTW, I am crazy about the music and the song and can't wait to find more of it. It's mesmerizing and perfect for today.

My young grandson gave me roses today and a big kiss !!

All in all -- I think you all had a very spectacular day with food, gifts and friends !!

Now I can't get that song out of my head !!

Great job !!! Great post !! Made my day special !!

Best, LL

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Wow! It looks you had a very nice Valentine's Day. Very good.

I see that Nuria is ahead of many things, I like the way how she is and how caring she is about you. That was a gorgeous gift for you.

Don't feel bad, you still can give her something. Valentine's Day can be celebrated anytime. Maybe she felt shy and she did not want to tell you what she wanted. Maybe you need to think a bit about these small details.

I hope you will enjoy your meal at Olive Garden, I like their food a lot.

It was very nice of her to give your neighbor and his daughter the cupcakes, I bet they were delicious.

Beautiful song, I love it.

Great post.

TA