Sunday, March 5, 2023

A Favor

Saturday (yesterday) was a pretty day. Sunny, blue sky, a few puffy white clouds. It was 5PM. I was sitting in the living room looking out the front window. Nuria was sitting on the sofa. I looked at Nuria and said, "Let's go to Arby's. We can get fish sandwiches." Nuria said "Okay." And so we were off.

We got to Arby's and placed our order: two fish sandwich meals. The meal comes with fries and a drink. While Nuria filled our cups with our drink of choice, I waited for the meals, which were ready quickly.

We chose a booth and sat down. My small city is, well, small, and there's not a lot to brag about. But our Arby's restaurant is the largest Arby's in the world. I thought I'd mention that just in case one of my readers plays Trivial Pursuit and the question comes up. 

"Where is the world's largest Arby's?" 

"It's in a small central Virginia city that some call the Heights."

Nuria and I sat in a booth and began eating our meals. Suddenly, I heard a man's voice call my name. Inasmuch as I had my food, I ignored hm. Maybe there's someone else in the restaurant with the same last name.

After a half minute he called my last name again. I ignored him again. 

Then he bellows my first name. Okay, this is enough. I grab my receipt and I go to the food pickup spot and I show him the receipt, pointing out my name.

"I've already got my meal," I tell him.  "I ordered two fish sandwich meals, and I've got three. Of everything. Three sandwiches and three fries." He makes a strange expression. "You ordered two and you got three?"

"Yup, I got three."

"I guess you lucked out," he says.

I turned and walked back to my booth. I didn't "luck out." I wanted two fish sandwiches, two fries, and two drinks. I'm not going to eat the third meal, so where's the luck?

Nuria and I left Arby's and I drove home. I parked in my garage and we went into the house. We watched some YouTube videos about life after death research, and the researchers related their own experiences. We went to bed late and I turned out the bedside lamp. We rolled to face each other, just a few inches apart. I put my hand on her body. It was very warm. Her skin always feels very warm to my touch. We talked about my guardian angel. I knew she was thinking of the incident with Melissa.

Melissa and I had once worked at the same company. She was married, with two kids. She became pregnant with her third baby. I had talked to Melissa about my guardian angel, and she remembered it, because one night she called me up at my home. She told me she was afraid she would lose the baby, because she had begun spotting and that is how her previous miscarriage had begun. She wanted me to send my guardian angel to her to save her baby. So I did. Or rather, I asked my angel to go and protect her and her baby. She told me later that her spotting had stopped shortly after she talked with me. She eventually gave birth to a healthy baby boy. Nuria knew about this because I had told her, and now she was asking me to help her with something. I should mention that it had nothing to do with babies.

I don't do miracles. God does miracles. We can only ask. So, lying in bed in quiet darkness, I asked. I rubbed Nuria with my hand and I asked a favor of God. But I can't tell you what God said. 

Shhh. It's a secret.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I'm glad that you are going out more often. It is good for your mind, soul and spirit.

I like Arby's very much but I eat fast food once in a while. In one hand you were lucky because you got almost meals but, did they charge you the right price? The good thing is that you probably will eat the leftovers today.

This subject about the spiritual world and angels is something that always has called my attention. I love to watch programs about it and I'm glad to hear that you have used your guardian angel for something important.

I truly believe that I have one too and he has done very important things in my life.

Very nice post. Never leave aside your angel, He can make impressive things in your life too.

TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Very neat post !! I used to love the Arby's sliced beef sandwiches with the cheese -- wow --it's been years since I've even been inside a store --- but I love trivia so I'll remember the tip.

It's hard no matter which food place you go too -- something is always askew with our orders -- it gets old --but more is better than not enough for your party.

Love Guardian Angels and love to hear about them.

I sure hope yours helps Nuria --- I do believe they will do what you've asked.

Awesome story ---

Best, LL