Monday, January 7, 2013

BCS Day

I went to my doctor this morning, to my PCP. I don’t like going to my doctor. She scares me. Specifically, when she reviews my blood work and she gets scared at the numbers and she says, “These numbers worry me”: that’s what bothers me. My blood lipids are so high that in an emergency you could substitute my blood for 90 weight gear oil. You could put a wick in my blood and light it, and it would burn for days. Oh well, it is what it is.

Tonight I watched the BCS Championship. I don’t follow college football rankings, so when I saw that Notre Dame was ranked #1 and Alabama was ranked #2, I felt like I had been transported to Bizarro World. In what system of reality is Notre Dame ranked higher than Alabama? In all the planets in all the galaxies in the Multiverse, Alabama should be ranked higher than Notre Dame. To be sure, Notre Dame has a good football program. But they’re not in the same league with Alabama.

As I write this, there are 4 minutes left in the game. The score is Alabama 42, Notre Dame 14. It’s garbage time. It’s time to let some of those guys that still have squeaky clean uniforms get off the bench and play in a championship game for a few minutes. Just so they can say, “I played in a national championship game.” And that’s what Alabama did. Good for them.

No comments: