Sunday, February 24, 2013

Local News

Last night I was working at my computer while a nearby television was powered on. Commercials were airing. I could hear the commercials but I wasn’t watching them. Suddenly one of those 5 second local news promos came on. This is what I heard:

Her killer finally punished. Now this Henrico woman talks exclusively with us.”

I thought, “Whoa, are the local news people going to use a ouija board to conduct an interview?” Because I’m down with that. I hope it’s a glow-in-the-dark ouija board. That would be cool. I think holding a séance on the local news would be awesome. Talking with the recently deceased would be a lot more interesting than city council meetings. “How do you feel about being dead?” and “What do you think of your killer’s sentence?” would make great interview topics.

But then it occurred to me that the news promo may have been referring to two different women. Well heck, there’s nothing awesome about that. Still, I think I’m onto something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading your not real recent stuff and appreciating that you are such a hoot! claudia