Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Tattoos

This blog post will upset a lot of people. Okay, not “a lot” of people, because a lot of people don’t read this blog. But it will upset some people. Okay, let me be totally honest—it will upset a few people, maybe.

I don’t understand the fascination with tattoos and piercings. Tattoos are a turnoff for me. Piercings are an even bigger turnoff, especially when they go through the nose or mouth. Little studs or rings through the eyebrows, those I can live with. I can accept them. That doesn’t mean I like them, though.

The human body, when taken care of properly, is a temple. It’s a work of art. (Especially the female body, but I’m a guy so I’m sure I’m biased.) “So what?” you ask.

There is a world-famous building in India called the Taj Mahal. It is renowned for its beauty. But is there a way that we can make it even more beautiful? Sure, let’s just get some cans of spray paint and spray graffiti all over the outside of it! If you think graffiti will make the Taj Mahal more beautiful, then you deserve tattoos. No doubt your friends are saying, “Looking good!”

And for those people of the Jewish and Christian faiths, note that the Bible has something to say about this subject. Leviticus 19:28 “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourself.” If you don’t like my opinion on tattoos and piercings, go argue with God.

Think before you ink.

No comments: