Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Winter Storm: Update 3

I have a number of complaints about the behavior of certain members of the human race. Today I added another one to the list.

There is still fairly deep snow on the ground from the recent winter storm. Certainly it’s deeper than you would want to walk through. So I shoveled the snow off my sidewalk, from my front steps to the street. I then went into the house and looked out the front window, admiring the result of my labor.

Along comes a neighbor’s car and guess where he parks. With the entire width of my lot available for parking, he parks in front of my sidewalk, blocking access from the street. Now anyone who wants to use my sidewalk has to walk through snow to get to it.

WTF is wrong with people? Do they no longer think about what they’re doing, or do they simply not give a damn? Maybe it’s both. After all, we are now living in the real-life incarnation of the film Idiocracy.

No comments: