Thursday, February 10, 2022

Blogging For Dollars

Have you ever considered making money on YouTube? It's easy. You get some video clips from YouTube and mash them together and then give the mashup an intriguing title. "Weird Space Shuttle Landing" comes to mind. Of course, there is no actual weird landing, just a few short videos of ordinary shuttle landings. People will watch to the end while waiting for the in u "weird" landing to appear. When it doesn't appear, they'll be disappointed, but they'll get over it. Meanwhile your video, with some random advertisement that YouTube will insert, will net you $3 to $5 per 1000 views. So you start churning out stupid videos of cars crashing, dogs being adopted from a shelter, horses running in a pasture, and so on. I've already given you some smashing ideas.

The problem with those ideas is that there are tons of YouTube videos that are already profiting from those topics. So you need a very intriguing title for your video. If your title is too "far out" you might want to phrase it as a question. "Aliens Discovered on the Moon?" for example. "Bizarre Sea Creature Threatens Australia?" I've seen my share of those titles. "Is Space Infinite?" is one that comes to mind. Would it surprise you to learn that no one really knows. So you'll watch that video, sit through the ads, and learn nothing that is remotely useful. Wonderful.

Eyebolt
Here's a fact: I can put ads on my blog merely by going to a control panel and clicking a "switch". It would take just a few seconds. I doubt I have enough readers to make any significant amount of money, but who knows? I have 1755 blog posts now (February, 2022), and they receive about 300 to 500 views per day. Maybe one day I'll throw that switch and presto! my blog will have annoying adds sprinkled everywhere you look. Think of the dinero! I bet I could earn a dollar every day! But then, I'm an optimist. In reality, I'd probably earn 50 cents. Let me think—what can I buy with 50 cents? I know: I can buy an eyebolt for 47 cents. Oh wait, there's sales tax (5.3%) so that eyebolt will cost 49 cents. I just squeaked by on that purchase. But there's no gas money left for my Jeep so I'll have to walk to the store. And then walk back home. Bummer. But I could use the exercise, so maybe putting ads on my blog would be a good idea. But what am I going to do with a box full of eyebolts at the end of the month?

What do you think? Yay or Nay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

There are many ways how to make money now and easy. I have watched several videos that I think they are stupid but make me laugh and I know that the person that put them for us to watch them is making money from them. He thought at the beginning that nobody will watch them but it worked, now he is living from that.

I wonder how come you Mr. VW has not thought about it, you are very smart, you have the capacity and knowledge to do it, and some extra money doesn't hurt.

Very interesting blog and thank you for the tips.

TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Go for it !!!

Remember the old saying -- whoops I just forgot it --
A penny saved is a penny earned --well that wasn't the one I was thinking of earlier.

At any rate -- even if you don't get rich you can learn more about how the process works and tell us on your blog. I don't even know how to post a video on Youtube or even how to create a video to post of Youtube. At some point there may be one of your readers who do have something interesting to share, but do not have the technical knowledge of how to do it --

Youtube is like the library --you have a lot of books to sift through before you find the one that helps you. (but without the ads)

Great blog --- I love your tidbits of wisdom.

LL