Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Haunted Headphones

I've written about many strange occurrences in my house. The first one occurred maybe two days after I moved into the house. Here are a few of the blog posts in which I wrote about what I consider to be paranormal occurrences.

Go Figure (2012)

House Ghost (2015)

Odd Stuff (2015)

More Strangeness (2020)

Small Mysteries (2020)

Old Stuff (2021)

I have written other blog posts about the strangeness I live in, but they're hard to hunt down amongst the 1758 posts on this blog (as of this date). However, reading the above six posts will give you the flavor of what goes on in my house.

Now for something new. I was watching a video on YouTube. It was a video about odd occurrences and the title of the video has slipped my memory. It may have been "Scariest Things Caught on Live TV" but I'm not certain.

Nevertheless, I was on the web page and I was listening to the narrator through my computer speakers. On the third "strange" video, there was some narration—a spoken sentence—then there was a pause, and during that pause, I heard the narration again, the very same sentence spoken one more time, but this time the sound came from my headphones. But...my headphones were lying beside me and were not plugged in. If the headphones had been plugged into the computer, I would not have been able to listen to the speakers, because plugging in the headphones cuts out the speakers. Nevertheless, I heard the words spoken through my speakers, followed by the same words coming from my headphones which, as I just said, were not plugged into anything.

I quickly closed the page I was on. I was just a little spooked by the event. I didn't want to hear the remaining scary things. I closed that web page and began browsing other pages. I did not go back to that page. I didn't want to tempt Fate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

The first thing I did was grin while reading your post and then I realized that you said it shook you up. I dismiss things like what you've described as frequency or electronic feedback from things I know nothing about. This explanation allows me to move on to something else --otherwise I would be freaked out.

My not knowing how things work allows me the ignorance I need to just accept things. But I do realize you know how things work and shouldn't perform the way it just did -- so your level of understanding on how electronic things work reveals just how spooky these episodes can be.

Be like me -- try to dismiss it -- too much knowledge and understanding can be scary.

Best

LL

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

I won't say scary because sometimes we are so focus in some things that we think that we see them ot listen to them over and over that they are part of our imagination, but maybe it was a ghost or maybe an angel that was trying to give you a message, or maybe you just need to ignore those things.

Great post!

TA