Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Latest

VirtualWayne is having a birthday in 4 days. I may be an oddball, but birthdays have never meant much to me. I know they're significant to other people, and I know that some kind of gift is considered de rigueur, so I try to give something when my significant others have a birthday, but I feel awkward when I receive gifts. First, I feel unworthy. Second, a gift of clothing probably won't fit me. Third... well, why go on? It would only depress me.

Then, 4 days after my birthday, I'll be up early to drive my friend Nuria to the airport. She's flying back to Costa Rica for two weeks. I have to leave the house at 4AM in order to arrive on time at the airport. She has to be there two hours before her plane leaves. Actually, one hour would be plenty of time, because the airport is nearly empty that time of morning. 

The local weather has been sunny this afternoon. It has also been rainy. Yes, it has been sunny and rainy at the same time. It rarely happens, but the sun was out and rain was falling fairly hard. I didn't time it, but it lasted a good while—an hour or two. Rain can be weird. One day when I was at work in a building that was about 60 to 80 feet from front to back, I was in the back of the building and I noticed it was cloudy and raining. I walked to the front of the building and saw that it was sunny and there was no rain. Maybe I shouldn't say rain can be weird. It's Nature that can be weird. 

By the way, Nuria heard from USCIS (U.S. Customs and Immigration). She has been approved for a Green Card. She applied about 17 months ago and has been waiting for a Yes or No. We assume the card is on the way, though whether it goes to Costa Rica or to my address is something we aren't sure of yet. Updates will follow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mr. VW!
That means that God has allowed you to live one more year, wonderful and I think that if someone gives you a gift it's because there reasons for that, even when you don't have a party. But celebrate it, it is a special occasion.

CONGRATULATIONS Nuria! you made it because you have been perseverance and you never gave up. I hope next step will be easier. WELCOME TO THE US.

TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Loved this post --- Happy Birthday to you soon !! Smile and accept the gift -- people who really care about you want to show their feelings.

Congratulations and what a nice birthday present -- Welcome home !! All that hard work paid off ---

Birthdays can be really special when you share them with someone special. So go ahead !! Eat the cake !! Have the ice cream!! Blow out the candles !! Open the gifts !! We never know what the morrow will bring so enjoy it this day.

I'm very happy for you both and wish you all the very best,

LL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

I hope you have a lovely day filled with wonderful surprises.

Celebrate and enjoy just being you.

Best, LL