Sunday, January 22, 2023

Rainy Sunday

Today is a cloudy Sunday. A light rain falls sporadically. It's a chilly 41°F—nine degrees above freezing.

We (Nuria and I) ate hot pastrami sandwiches for lunch, made with rye bread and Dijon mustard with dill pickle on the side. I had mentioned to Nuria, one day this week, that I had a taste for a pastrami sandwich. That was all I said. The next morning I got out of bed to find her unpacking groceries. She had just returned from Publix where she had purchased, among other things, rye bread, a pound of pastrami, and dill pickle.

Later we watched an episode of the old Perry Mason show, the series that was on TV from 1957 to 1966. We watch an episode every day. Then we watched an episode of 1923. That show is one of Taylor Sheridan's latest projects and is a prequel to the well-loved Yellowstone and a continuation of the story after 1883.

The first episode of 1923 begins with a scene from the end of episode 3, and then it flashes back (though that isn't clear to the audience) and then winds its way forward in time to the point where episode 1 begins. So season 4 will begin where season 3 ended, and where the beginning of season 1 ended. If that is clear. Only four episodes have been released as of now. Maybe that is all there will be. With Taylor Sheridan, anything is possible.

The weather forecast says we'll have sunshine on Tuesday and Thursday this week. Other days will be rainy. But I like rainy days. I like sunny days, too, but in a different way. I like being inside on rainy days. Sunny days are nice for walks and for work you have to do outside. I like snowy days, too. They're beautiful to watch as the snow falls, but then there are the people who get their car stuck in front of my house and have to leave it. My car stays in my garage unless I really have to go out. And my Jeep has four wheel drive (4WD) that really helps get through snow, if I have to do that. My last car, a Subaru wagon, had 4WD, too. I won't buy a 2WD car again, and there's a reason for that. You can read about it here if you're curious.

Below: Dec. 9, 2018—A snowy day and a car is stuck directly in front of my house at the end of the sidewalk. That is not me with the shovel. I don't do snow anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Very interesting post.
I see how Nuria spoils you, you must be very happy having her. That sandwich looks delicious.
I'm glad that you spend time together but should go out more often with her.

Thank you for sharing this post. Keep warm!
TA