Wednesday, July 24, 2024

VPN

Do you value your privacy? Me too. That's why I use a VPN when I'm on the Internet.

What's a VPN? It stands for Virtual Private Network. One end of the VPN is at my PC and the other end is at the VPN provider. The VPN scrambles my communications so that no one who intercepts my web-surfing or email can know what I'm doing. My data is flowing through a "tunnel" which encrypts the data and obscures my IP address. The other end of my VPN is in Washington D.C., although there are many cities around the world that I could connect with. When I connect with the other end of the VPN, it unscrambles my communications but it continues to use a fake IP addrss. No one out there who may intercept my communications knows my identity. 

There are many VPNs from which to choose. I use PrivadoVPN. Due to a special deal I have with EasyNews, I don't pay for PrivadoVPN. However, if I did have to pay for it. it would cost $1.99/month for 24 months Their website gives a lot more information. If you want to sign up, go to https://privadovpn.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings

You explained this very nicely -- I had no idea about all this information and how it works. I think the general computer user probably doesn't either.

My only issue is that I am nickeled and dimed to ad nauseum from needing to purchase so many things.... jus yesterday Google charged me $29.99 for something that either I did not receive for realize I received.
MacAffee tried to charge me $485 a year and the emails I get are enough to make you want to close your accounts.

We need someone like yourself to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Best, LL