Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cabbage Soup

I made cabbage soup for lunch and it was delicious. I used this recipe I found at allrecipes.com. There was no “cabbage smell” during cooking. I used red cabbage, and I used a whole onion (it was smallish) instead of DSCF1115half. The recipe calls for 4 teaspoons of chicken bouillon; I assumed they meant 4 teaspoons of powdered, instant bouillon, and that’s what I used. Also, I would recommend: instead of adding salt during the cooking process, wait until the cooking is finished and taste it. If it isn’t salty enough to suit you, add half the salt the recipe calls for, stir it in, and taste it again. You can’t take salt out, but you can always add more.

Right now I have to go to the store. I have everything I need for dinner except dry sherry and cornstarch, but no doubt I’ll come away with more than two items.

No comments: