Thursday, January 27, 2011

Winter Morn

I got up at 3:55 this winter morning, after lying awake for an hour. It’s going to be a cloudy day. And cold. But at least it isn’t raining. Or snowing. No, there’s no chance of that until … tomorrow! The National Weather Service has a little icon for that kind of misery. I’ll keep my snfingers crossed. Maybe it won’t happen. No, I’ll be positive. There’ll be no snow tomorrow. Not where I live. Meanwhile, here’s a little virtual cheer to dispel the gloom.

My amigo CyberDave is online at this dark hour. His insomnia is in sync with mine. He wants to send me a video he took with his camera but it’s too large for email to handle. “Post it on Youtube,” I say. He replies he doesn’t have an account at Youtube. “So, create an account.” And he does. And then he uploads his video and voilà, a new world of possibilities opens before his eyes, he reports. It’s amazing, to me, that I can take my little camera that cost all of $99 and I can shoot a video and upload it to Youtube and incorporate it into a blog for all the world (potentially) to see. If only I had something to tell the world. Oh well, never let it be said that having nothing to say stopped me from saying something. Millions of people have nothing to say and they still say it online. I can match their inconsequential drivel with my inconsequential drivel any day.

Gosh, now the TV weather people are talking about “tomorrow’s snow”. They’re so negative! But I think I’ll take a shower and drive to the grocery store, just in case. But like the Terminator – or a bad penny – I’ll be back.

No comments: