Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Zero Day

It's Zero Day. Election day.


More importantly, it's National Sandwich Day. Many small restaurants and chains are offering freebies today, from sandwiches to doughnuts to pastries and other deals. I was going to list them but there are really too many. Just search "election day freebies 2020." Some of them are all-day deals, and some begin after the polls close. Some offer a free sandwich, some are half-off, some are buy-one-get-one-free. Some are for donuts, some are for other pastries. Chances are, if you live in the USA you can throw a meatball and hit a store giving away something or offering a deal. Do we care who is president? No, we want to know where we can get a free sub and a cola. We'll settle for a free chicken sandwich. In fact, we'll settle for a free donut.

My neighbor's "Trump 2020" sign is back in her front yard. Though really, if it's election day and a voter still hasn't decided who to vote for, they should not be voting for anyone. Like, where have you been for the last four years?

I'm curious to know what the polling place looks like today. In the 2016 election there was a long line of people waiting to vote, and the parking lot had pickup trucks painted in woodland camo with Confederate flags proudly displayed. However, I voted weeks ago and I'm not curious enough to get dressed and drive to the polling place to see what's happening.

I was planning to mow my yard today, but it's already 4 PM and it's starting to look like I'll mow the yard tomorrow. The high was 63°F today, and tomorrow is supposed to be 67°. Thursday will hit 70°, and Friday and Saturday will hit 71°, with all days sunny or partly sunny. That sounds good to me. I believe in the old saying, "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow." Those Old Ones were wise people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny post -- made me hungry for a sandwich --

Our polls were steady and not crowded -- except with lots of assistants on hand to help out. It took us longer to pull out our ID's than it did to vote. We enjoyed parking in the front --dashing in and voting and leaving for lunch. But no free sandwich was even offered to us -- I feel cheated.

And we didn't get a sticker saying "I Voted" this year either. I guess they are cutting costs.

So now the fun begins -- I'm even afraid to turn on the news -- God only knows what is going on around the world.

Thanks for your post --and the great weather forecast -- it made me smile to know we're in for fair weather.

Good luck with your mowing project !!!

LL