Sunday, January 31, 2021

First Snow of 2021

I got to see a pretty snowfall this morning. 

It is Sunday and the time was already 8am when I got out of bed. I opened the blinds and saw that snow was falling moderately hard. Snow is not unusual for central Virginia, but this was the first snow of the winter. 

During the night, I had difficulty sleeping so I arose from bed and went to the living room. I gathered the frozen-dinner cartons I had saved for the recycle bin, and I fed them one by one into the fireplace and applied flame to them. I had a nice, warm fire going for a while. So these frozen-dinners served me twice, first as nourishment and then as a cheery fire.

I hope your morning was as pleasant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! very nice photos and I like the idea to get warm next to the fireplace. I miss the snow but I could stand it for a while.
I'm glad that you are enjoying the weather.
Great job!
TA