Thursday, February 25, 2021

Blue Sky

Mother Nature is smiling on my city today. The town looks very different from the way it looked ten days ago.

<<<

A frozen tree in a nearby park ten days ago. The ice brought a power outage that lasted for about 24 hours. 


>>>

This is today, a pretty day with nary a wisp of cloud in the sky. The high temp was 68°F.

February is usually like this in central Virginia. We can have an ice storm one week and blue sky a week later. Young men with long shorts and young women with short shorts are riding skateboards on the paved walking trail in the park.

But the weather can change quickly. Rain and colder temperatures are on the way. Tomorrow, Thursday, will be partly cloudy, then rain and cold will arrive Friday. Soon it will be March and most of the winter will be behind us. 

When the rain gets here, I'll turn down the central heat and fire up the kerosene stove. I'll put the stove near my computer table so it warms me while I use the computer. A polished metal panel behind the heat chamber reflects warmth into the room and onto me. It is soothing, but can make me drowsy. It makes a good contrast with the cold rain outside.

I have food in the freezer and drinks in the fridge. There's nowhere I need to be now. I'll watch YouTube videos and play music. I'll take Spanish lessons and maybe write a blog post. Most importantly, I'll stay warm and dry. I hope my readers are doing the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post!
Had a Novel feel to the writing tonight!

Thanks for sharing.

LL

Anonymous said...

Awesome view! I am glad that weather is changing a little bit and you are prepared for difficult one.
Very nice post
Thank you
TA