Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Spanish Two

It's midnight and I should be in bed. Yesterday I went to bed at 2AM today. Or to say it another way, I didn't go to bed yesterday. But yesterday, I was online with my Spanish tutor for 5 hours, then she sent me two quizzes to complete—about 4 pages each. 

Today's online session was about 4 hours. I can study for only so long before I begin experiencing brain fog. As one of my readers noted in a comment, verb conjugations are tough. English has 12 tenses; Spanish has 14 tenses. But there are three main tenses: present, past, and future. Pick a verb tense, and for that tense there are first person, second person, and third person, for both singular and plural uses of the verb. That's a lot to learn and recall. But I'll keep truckin' and see how far down the road I can get. Even with beginner grammar skills, Spanish speakers hopefully will understand what I am trying to say. Communication will occur. "I go now" or "I eat now" will get my point across.

I've also identified some Spanish-language TV shows online that are designed to teach Spanish. I'll give those a try. Watch TV and learn. Certainly, many people have learned English that way.

In the middle of this, I have to paint the bathroom and make some faucet repairs. And I think one of the heating elements in the water heater has gone out; the hot water goes from hot to warm much too quickly. I have a list of little jobs that have to get done. Now it's 1AM, meaning tomorrow has become today, and I must get into bed and try to get in a few hours of sleep before morning. ¡Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buenos días. Amazing the time and your tutor have dedicated to this language and Iam glad that you are serious about this. You probably think now that Spanish is not as easy as you thought BUT I encourage you to continue because never is late to learn.
I hope you will be able to get your bathroom fix. I guess you are very busy person, muy bien!
Tenga buen día!
TA