Friday, October 1, 2021

Blues Finale

Before I leave the subject of poems, I want to offer a very different kind of poem than the poem in my previous post.

Everyone has had a love that did not work out. It can hurt. When I feel that kind of pain, the only way I can relieve it is to write about it. This poem is the final part of a four part poem.  I don't think it needs explaining.


Blues Finale
a poem by VirtualWayne

Warm rains have come and gone,

Melting the winter snow,

Cleansing the earth's gentle heart.


Sun shines brightly on my face,

Gently cheering me,

Softly warming me.


Morning beckons me, night is gone.

Memories linger bittersweet,

Longings now hidden.


Questions haunt me,

Ghosts of the night,

Chased by the sun.


I would live that night again,

Dream the dream,

Feel the wonder.


Though my heart is wounded,

The sun shines now,

I live, still.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! As the previous one, I love this one too. But you are right, all of us have been hurt because a relationship did not work out. It looks that you were hurt very bad in the past, but wounds can be heel with time, especially if you find another relationship that works. I love how you express your feelings here and I hope that your new relationship is working very good for you, because I think you deserve it and we all deserve another opportunity in our lives. I wish you the best and I would like to read a future poem that shows happiness and no pain.
Thank you for sharing it. I love it!
TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Loved this poem as well -- I felt like I could really get inside the pain -- I don't feel those longings will ever go away -- maybe dull a bit over time -- or when you get to old to remember --then I feel loss will still remain in the bones.

We don't really know what really old people "remember" when it appears to us they have lost all memories --- so it's hard to say --- I hate to think of having to wait that long to find out if I will still remember those "hurts" at age 90 ish. I have a friend who is 83 and she hurts worse now than even in the years before. She tells me her loss is greater now than ever --

Will you publish the first 3 parts of the poem? For a little while it allows me to feel the hurts in my life and it feels good to pay homage to them.

I do believe we can find new loves but it takes a lot to let go of the memories.

Great job -- thanks for the post.

LL