Saturday, October 16, 2021

Saturday Morning Time Loop

I'm not sure when I went to bed but I went to sleep right away. When I woke up, it was 9:30AM and I jumped out of bed.

I had a dream. In it, I got up and went to my computer to do lessons on Duolingo. Then Nuria arrived from Costa Rica (via Skype) and I continued with the lessons with her assistance. But then, after a while, I went to bed.

No, that was not a dream. That was real. But when I went to bed, I had a strange dream, un sueño extraño. It took place in a house too strange to describe. 

I jump from bed (reality, realidad). Daylight streams through the windows. It is 9:30AM, again. I look at WhatsApp on my celular. I was on Duo at 3:40AM. That's when Nuria got out of bed to help me. So we did some lessons, and all I know for sure is that I made Gallo Pinto again. I know because I took a photo.


I ate at 3:26AM, according to the timestamp on the image. Gallo Pinto with Lizano Salsa and two eggs and two sausage links.

And then, I did some more Duo. With Nuria. Until 6AM. And I watched some YouTube, the "nightly news" from the previous day. Or maybe I did that before I got on Duo. The early morning is a blur.

So I'm not sure when I went to bed, but I went to sleep right away. When I woke up, it was 9:30AM and I jumped out of bed. I remember a strange dream, un sueño extraño, about a strange house. But dreams evaporate into the air like the seeds of a dandelion in a wind. 

Now it is 10:40AM, and I wrote this blog post just because. That's an American expression: just because. It's the reason for doing something when you don't really have a reason. 

"Why did you do that?" 

"Just because."

Oh. That explains everything.

It's 10:40AM and Nuria is going to join me on Skype, for Duo practice. I hope. And I'm already hungry for lunch, because breakfast was at 3:26AM—over 7 hours ago. But there was that time I went back to bed and went to sleep right away. And I dreamed a strange dream, un sueño extraño, and when I woke up, it was 9:30AM and sunlight streamed through the windows and I jumped out of bed and I went to the computer to do lessons on Duo.

I may be stuck in a time loop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! another extraordinary day for you, and very soon you will be fluent in spanish. You both really have the energy and enthusiasm to spend the time and help each other with this language. Good for you! However I see that you have not been able to sleep normally, probably because you are very exhausted but I know that when you start doing Duo, you don't want to stop.
You also will be an expert cooking "Gallo Pinto" and your eggs look better than mine. I am glad that you are not a quiter in your life due to your age. It seems that you still want to learn more every day and that is great. Felicitaciones!
Buen trabajo con tu blog!
TA

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Wow--I was in the middle of commenting and my screen went black. At first I thought it was updating and I remembered I do that much earlier.

That was a strange day you had -- I hate when I get time all turned around which I do often.

I am impressed with your desire for learning the language. I enjoy seeing the words translated --once again --you are always offering something for your readers to improve their minds.

I'm tired though and heading for more sleep.

LL